Reality TV describes series that present loosely scripted or unscripted situations with the intent to entertain, i.e. hidden-camera, court TV, or season-long competition programs.
"When casting Survivor, you try to build the most drama through personality. It’s not building through script; but building through personality." - Leslie Moonves, Executive
YouTube video player - HTML5 compatible.
- "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett on being a "pioneer" of reality television
Clip begins at: 10:27, Duration: 47m 26s
- CBS executive Leslie Moonves on getting Survivor on the air, casting the show
Clip begins at: 16:23, Duration: 10m 07s
- Filmmakers Alan and Susan Raymond on why they felt the Loud family wanted to be filmed for An American Family
Clip begins at: 13:50
- TV executive Fred Silverman on NBC's proto-reality show Real People which debuted in 1979
Clip begins at: 11:42, Duration: 01m 30s
- Judge Judy on getting across the message that the justice system means business
Clip begins at: 31:49, Duration: 01m 15s